Study Support Services will resume once after safe return to school has been established.
Study Skills Workshops:
The PTA has teamed up with the pros at Study Hut Tutoring to bring you a first-of-its-kind tailored, grade-level specific workshop to help students with a game plan for excelling in each subject. During 3-[1hr] sessions (4 sessions for 7th & 8th graders) students will have the opportunity to work in small groups to learn the specific skills to plan, prepare, and execute their planners for tests, quizzes, and homework. Click here to view the last session's flyer. More sessions to come!
Top 5 ways parents can empower their middle schoolers:
1) Establish a firm grade point average goal for the semester
2) Ensure students enter homework & tasks in a written daily planner Sunday through Thursday
3) Enter tests and quizzes in the planner on the day they will occur
4) Begin your study game plan 3-5 days before a test or quiz
5) Flashcards and practice tests are the best ways to prepare for tests/quizzes; assign these 20 minute drills to the days leading up to the next test.
FREE tutoring is available on Wednesday’s from 8:00 to 9:00 a.m. for those who need some homework help.