Study Skills Workshops:
The 2017 PTA has teamed up with the pros at Study Hut Tutoring to bring you a first-of-its-kind tailored, grade-level specific workshop to help students with a gameplan for excelling in each subject. During 3-[1hr] sessions (4 sessions for 7th & 8th graders) students will have the opportunity to work in small groups to learn the specific skills to plan, prepare, and execute their planners for tests, quizzes, and homework. Click here to view the last session's flyer. More sessions to come!
Top 5 ways parents can empower their middle schoolers:
1) Establish a firm grade point average goal for the semester
2) Ensure students enter homeworks & tasks in a written daily planner Sunday through Thursday
3) Enter tests and quizzes in the planner on the day they will occur
4) Begin your study gameplan 3-5 days before a test or quiz
5) Flashcards and practice tests are the best ways to prepare for tests/quizzes; assign these 20 minute drills to the days leading up to the next test.
For all students who want to get a jump on their homework right after school, come to the Homework Club. It meets Monday through Thursday from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. in room 126. There is no meeting on Fridays.
FREE tutoring is available on Wednesday’s from 8:00 to 9:00 a.m. in room 126 for those who need some homework help.Next Generation Leaders
offers weekly small-group classes for 4th-10th graders during the school year and summer. http://next-generation-leaders.com/
(link is external)