We are so excited your child will be attending Manhattan Beach Middle School and we look forward to all the energy and fun we have planned for the WEB Orientation Days.
- Students with a last name starting with A - M will attend on Friday, August 16.
- Students with a last name beginning with N - Z will attend on Monday, August 19.
WEB stands for “Where Everybody Belongs” and the organization’s sole purpose is to help 6th graders feel more comfortable during their transition to middle school and assist them in achieving success during their first year here at MBMS.
WEB is designed to both welcome and support sixth graders by assigning them two 8th grade WEB Leaders to act as mentors during this first year. These WEB Leaders are responsible older students, good role models and positive leaders on our campus.
The following information will help you and your child prepare for and know what to expect in advance of, as well as on, Orientation Day:
- Your child can expect to receive an invitation to Orientation Day. If he or she has not received the invitation by August 10th, please call the main office and request one
- Students should arrive between 7:40-8:00 a.m. WEB Orientation will run throughout the morning
- Check-in will be just inside the front gate located by the main office.
- A nutritious snack will be provided during a brief break at 10:00 a.m.
- Students will be released from their WEB Leaders at 12:30 p.m.
- Students are encouraged not to bring backpacks as the day is very active.
- We recommend sunscreen and comfortable clothing that does not restrict movement.
Thank you for your support and for sharing your amazing child with us. We look forward to providing him or her with a great first experience here at MBMS! Should you have any questions regarding the morning WEB program, do not hesitate to contact Daniel Pestle - firstname.lastname@example.org