Dear MBMS Parents,
Despite our track record of excellence among Manhattan Beach schools, state funding remains at the bottom of the nation. Our Parent Teacher Association (PTA) and the Manhattan Beach Education Foundation (MBEF) are vital partners in ensuring the quality of education our students receive at MBMS. During this coming year, the MBMS PTA will will fund important initiatives and programs at MBMS and MBEF will fund over $6.0 million in educators and programs districtwide – resources that are critical to our children and our schools.
MANHATTAN BEACH MIDDLE SCHOOL PTA
The annual PTA membership fee is included at each donation level. This covers state, national and local PTA dues, as. well as allows access to our online school directory. Beyond the annual PTA membership fee, please consider donating at the Big Kahuna or Tidal Wave levels.
BIG KAHUNA - $350 or more per MBMS student to PTA + $2,000 per MBUSD student to MBEF
Receive MBMS Bo Bridges Hat, car magnet & access to the online directory
TIDAL WAVE - $175 or more per MBMS student to PTA + any donation to MBEF
Receive car magnet & access to the online directory
SUPPORTER – Any donation amount is appreciated (min. $15 per parent)
Receive access to the online directory
DONATE & JOIN NOW
Not sure if you've joined yet? Here's the list of members through 10/6/20.
MANHATTAN BEACH EDUCATION FOUNDATION
We ask every family to support MBEF, because every student benefits from the programs MBEF funds. The suggested donation is $2,000 per student – please give what you can. You can visit MBEF.org
to donate online, schedule installments or pledge to give before June.
It is imperative that MBMS families donate to BOTH the PTA and MBEF to continue to support the things, people and programs that promote student learning and development. We understand that families are able to give at different levels – please be as generous as you can.
Here is how your donations to both the PTA and MBEF reach your student(s) at MBMS:
Supporting MBMS PTA
helps pay for “Supplies and Activities”
pays for “People and Programs”
- Performing/Music/Visual Arts
- Campus Improvements and Beautification
- Health & Safety Equipment
- Student Programs
- Text & Classroom Books
- Sports & PE Equipment
- Teacher & Office Supplies
- Staff Development and Support
- Science Lab Equipment
- School Spirit Programs
- Social & Emotional Wellness Programs
- General Class Size Reduction (Decreases the average class size by at least 5 students districtwide)
- English & Math Class Size Reduction (Ensures the average class size is near 30 students in grades 6-8)
- Distance Learning Support (Includes professional development support and access to online curriculum for consistency across all levels)
- Assistant Principal - Student Life
- Choral, Band and String Educators
- Guidance & Academic Support Counselors
- Elective Enhancement (Wheel, Film, Art, Fab Lab)
- STEM Based Electives
- Math TOSA
- Library Resource Specialist
- Social Inclusion Grants
- Innovation Grants
Thank you for your generosity and partnership. We could not accomplish what we do without you!
MBMS PTA Co-Presidents
MBMS PTA Co-VPs Membership
Heather de Roos
MBMS PTA MBEF Rep